Neverwinter is still in beta. I have to say I like the game. I only have two characters so far. One is level 16 trickster rouge, and the other one is a low level guardian fighter. I have to say trickster rouge is really fun, and powerful too. I got only one death from playing trickster rouge from level 1 to level 16, and the death was at level 16 as I fought way too many orcs at one time. Anyhow, I found out that playing guardian fighter is more exciting and even more fun than rouge trickster as it’s harder to play a guardian fighter. I died way too many times when I played guardian fighter. Also, I needed to buy way too many health potions to keep my guardian fighter alive. Luckily, I found out that by using a skill — I forgot which but its function allowed me to hide behind the shield and attack at the same time — which had helped me tremendously in term of keeping my guardian fighter alive.
Anyhow, Neverwinter has many races and classes for gamers to create a character. This game really does remind me of old school MMORPGs, but Neverwinter is so much more than old school MMORPGs. Neverwinter got better graphics, skill mechanics, combat mechanics, and the list goes on. I have to say, if you had the love for one of the old school MMORPGs such as Dark Age of Camelot, you might like Neverwinter. Obviously, you don’t have to take my words for it, because you can watch my Neverwinter beta gameplay for yourself. Neverwinter beta gameplay episode one is right after the break. Enjoy!!!
Afterthought: What I don’t like about this game is that it’s free to play but pay to win. I like the free to play part, but pay to win is something that I want to avoid at all costs. You see, I prefer to pay monthly subscription to play a game than how you have a game that demands free to play but pay to win. Nonetheless, if you don’t mind about pay to win, then Neverwinter is a really good game. You can check out the video beneath this paragraph to see what the fuss about Neverwinter’s play to win. The video isn’t mine, because I found it on YouTube by searching YouTube. Nonetheless, please enjoy it!!!
- Neverwinter™ Enters Open Beta (prnewswire.com)
- PC Preview – ‘Neverwinter’ (worthplaying.com)
- Neverwinter teases module 1 update (massively.joystiq.com)
- Neverwinter goes into open beta on April 30 (destructoid.com)
- Two Reasons To Try Neverwinter (forbes.com)
- Pantsless: First impressions of Neverwinter’s open beta headstart (massively.joystiq.com)
- Neverwinter Thoughts (highlatencylife.com)
- Neverwinter invites you to its Whispering Caverns – it would be rude to say no (pcgamer.com)
- Impressions: Neverwinter (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Neverwinter trailer guides you through the Whispering Caverns (polygon.com)