By April 17th of this year, Witcher 2 enhanced edition will come out. Thanks to the news and buzzes of the release of Witcher 2 enhanced edition, now I get to know about the Witcher series. I never had played the first Witcher and the enhanced edition for the first Witcher game, therefore I cannot comment how good the first two might be. Nonetheless, I had bought Witcher 2 the regular edition two days ago, and I have to say I’m enjoying the game very much. From what I heard, gamers who have the Witcher 2 regular edition can get a free upgrade to the enhanced edition, but I’m not sure if this is the case. I hope it will be the case, and so I’m crossing my fingers.
The Witcher 2 regular edition is vile (in a fun way), violent, and explicit. How explicit? Your character can basically go to a brothel and have sex, it’s that explicit enough? So, it’s obvious Witcher series isn’t for young minds, because it got very mature content. I don’t know how good the stories for the first two games of this series might be, but I really like how the story of the Witcher 2 is unfolding. I’m not sure if this will be the case when I get to the end of the Witcher 2 story, because I’m only scratching the surface of this game. Nonetheless, the content is rich and being richer as it’s imbued with extravagant details. No single scene within Witcher 2 is ugly in my opinion, because the level of details is simply too rich for any gamer’s blood. Tis a good thing! Tis making the whole idea of submerging oneself into a world of Witcher more enjoyable and believable.
I definitely like the game, but I’ve to say I cannot get use to the game mechanics yet! Witcher 2 game mechanics’ quirks might have to be the case of it’s being marketed for both Xbox 360 console and PC. This type of games tends to incorporate or mix the elements of console and PC together, therefore PC gamers might have difficulty of using the game mechanics. On the other hand, console gamers will have easier time since console games are usually designed to work really well with the controllers, or else the games will definitely stink. I’m playing Witcher 2 on a PC, and so I notice how inventory UI (user interface) is somewhat resembling to how a gamer would expect the appearance and the behavior of a game’s inventory on a console. Thus the experience of using console UI on a PC for inventory in Witcher 2 is rather somewhat confusing. Another quirky thing about Witcher 2 mechanics on PC is about how moving a character around. The A, S, and D keys aren’t behaving as how PC games would, because the camera will not swing in the direction that keys A,S, and D steer a character. Instead, gamers have to use W key to move a character forward as the mouse moves the camera — this means that the character will only be able to move and look in the directions that accord to the mouse’s camera positions. It feels unnatural this way!
Then again, every gamer has their own preferences on PC game mechanics, therefore my preferences of PC game mechanics not necessary translate into how things should be in regarding to game mechanics for PC games. So far though, I like Witcher 2 (Assassins of Kings) a lot despite this game mechanics do give me some problems. I guess, tis because of the superb quality of the game content and graphic. I think if I have to rate this game out of five whatever, I give it 3.5 whatever, and this rate is for Witcher 2 (Assassins of Kings) particularly. I can’t rate the first two games of the series since I had never even played them before. Let hope Witcher 2 (Assassins of Kings) enhanced edition will bring even more improvements to an already awesome game.
I like the game enough to make a video for it. Check out the Witcher 2 (Assassins of Kings) game play part 01 right after the break. Enjoy!
- Before You Play The Witcher 2, Here’s What Happened in The Witcher [Video] (kotaku.com)
- The Witcher Enhanced Edition Released for the Mac! (geardiary.com)
- The Witcher 2 Video Compares Xbox 360, PC Versions (inquisitr.com)
- Witcher 2 animation video catches you up on the story since Witcher 1 (vg247.com)
- The Witcher Developers Abandon DRM Forever [PC] (kotaku.com)
- New Witcher 2 trailer details new and improved newness, Dark Edition (joystiq.com)
- Witcher franchise sold 1.5 million copies in 2011 (joystiq.com)
- What is the Witcher 2? Let This Animated Featurette Explain (dreadcentral.com)
- Tons of New Facts And Trailer Revealed For The Witcher 2 (dreadcentral.com)
- Comparing The Witcher 2 on PC and Xbox 360 [Video] (kotaku.com)
- New Intro Trailer for The Witcher 2 Causing Major Buzz (dreadcentral.com)
- Catch Up on The Witcher’s Storyline (dreadcentral.com)
- CD Projekt RED Announces Witcher 2 Promotions — Free Enhanced Edition, iOS Comic, And More (g4tv.com)
- The New Additions in The Xbox 360 Version of The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (kingtoko.wordpress.com)
- CD Projekt announces loads of Witcher-related goodness at Spring Conference (vg247.com)
- Witcher series sold over 1.5 million copies last year (gamasutra.com)
- Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition now on OSX, Witcher 2: EE gets free backup on GOG.com (joystiq.com)
- Cut above: Witcher 2 teaches PC-to-console master class (vg247.com)
- GDC 2012: ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’ And Knowing Your Game (multiplayerblog.mtv.com)