Check out Sensation on Spotify!
Just wanna share my new musical dance track that I just finished and in the process of releasing this to the mass. This will be available soon on iTunes and elsewhere. Music subscription based such as Spotify would definitely be covered. Check the track out on SoundCloud.
When I was about seven years of age or so, it took me about an afternoon to solve a Rubik cube. Now as an older man, I don’t think I remember how to do it. Yet here I got to watch a kid who is juggling, not one, but three unsolved Rubik cubes and solving them all in minutes. What a feat!
In a time of war and competition, do strategies from fictional and non-fictional historic works amount to anything in reality? I like to think some strategies and tactics in such works do encourage self-reflection and humbleness for the creative mind and out of the box thinking do shine some light on whatever matters that are at hand. I have always loved Romance of Three Kingdoms story because this work does carry some really cool fictional and non-fictional strategies and tactics.
If you don’t know about Romance of the Three Kingdoms, then you wouldn’t know why it’s a great piece of work! Basically, this piece of work is rather ancient as it was penned by ancient Chinese authors. Ancient Chinese authors exaggerated a lot of things in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but these authors had also included a lot of known real historical facts.
I like how the intricate plots and interactions among the characters within Romance of the Three Kingdoms play out. Especially, the coolness level rises to the max when the advisers among different factions try to best each other by using amazing tactics and strategies, both in the battles and out of the battles. Liu Bei’s smartest adviser Zhuge Liang is especially cool as this guy is being portraited as one of the smartest if not the smartest advisers on earth at the time, in ancient China. His reputation proceeded him because he could predict ancient weather patterns and devise winning strategies, both in the battles and out of the battles, for his lord.
Cao Cao got some smart advisers too! In this blog post, I like to focus on one of Cao Cao’s smart advisers who is known as Gou Jia. According to Wikipedia, Gou Jia flattered Cao Cao with Cao Cao’s ten advantages over Yuan Shao and Cao Cao was so flattered that he hired Gou Jia to be a Libationer. To tell the truth, I don’t know what is a Libationer in ancient China, but for sure Cao Cao’s many victories were won through Gou Jia’s well-thought strategies and tactics.
In this blog post, I like to think that Gou Jia’s Cao Cao ten advantages over Yuan Shao are still relevant today. Let me list these ten advantages. Actually, let me quote Wikipedia’s Gou Jia article:
“Everyone has heard of the rivalry between Liu Bang and Xiang Yu. Liu Bang won by strategy; Xiang Yu was very powerful but he still lost to Liu Bang. Based on my observations, Yuan Shao has ten disadvantages while you have ten advantages. (Yuan Shao) may have many troops but they are useless.
- Yuan Shao is overly concerned with formalities, while you behave naturally. You win him in principle.[Sanguozhi zhu 4]
- Yuan Shao attempts to achieve supremacy from an opposing position, while you use the Han Empire’s authority to command respect. You win him in righteousness.[Sanguozhi zhu 5]
- The Han dynasty declined due to a lack of discipline and law enforcement. Yuan Shao condones his followers and their ill discipline, so he fails in administration. You uphold discipline sternly and firmly among your followers. You win him in management.[Sanguozhi zhu 6]
- Yuan Shao appears to be welcoming and accepting but he is actually jealous and suspicious. He never fully trusts his followers and places faith only in his family members and close relatives. You appear simple on the outside but you are actually very discerning on the inside. You fully trust those you have placed your faith in, and you promote meritocracy. You win him in tolerance.[Sanguozhi zhu 7]
- Yuan Shao likes to listen to many ideas but is indecisive and he hesitates before he makes any move. You are decisive and you adapt to changes well. You win him in strategy.[Sanguozhi zhu 8]
- Yuan Shao uses his fame to attract people to serve him and boost his name. His followers are mostly people who are able to disguise their flaws through persuasion and glib talk. You are sincere towards your followers and do not recruit them for the purpose of increasing your fame. Many loyal and truly capable people are willing to serve under you. You win him in virtue.[Sanguozhi zhu 9]
- When Yuan Shao sees others suffering from hunger and cold, he will express his concern towards them. However, he will not do so if their sufferings are not obvious. This is a form of unwise care and concern. You sometimes neglect less important things but when you handle big situations, you are connected to the masses within the Four Seas and the rewards you give out are far greater than Yuan Shao’s fame. Even though this may not be obvious, your care and concern towards others are complete. You win him in benevolence.[Sanguozhi zhu 10]
- Yuan Shao’s followers are often bickering and politicking and they give libelous and troublesome advice. You govern your followers with the right principles, so corruption does not occur under your leadership. You win him in wisdom.[Sanguozhi zhu 11]
- Yuan Shao cannot distinguish between right and wrong. You respect someone when you think he has done right and you punish someone when you feel he has done wrong. You win him in culture.[Sanguozhi zhu 12]
- Yuan Shao likes to display bravado and is not aware of the crucial elements in war. You overcome an enemy superior in numbers with a smaller force, just like a god of war. The soldiers look up to you, your enemies fear you. You win him in military skill.”[Sanguozhi zhu 13]
Do you think in today world, these advantages that Gou Jia mentioned to Cao Cao are still wise words? Personally, I do think these words are still wise. I like the advice #3 (management capability matters), #4 (to employ someone is to believe and trust that someone otherwise it would be counterproductive), #5 (don’t be indecisive), #6 (use capable people in important roles and positions), #7 (be very practical and honest when interact with a faction, whoever and whatever), and the advice #8 (destroy corruptions). To conclude I say these wise words are still relevant today; these words could still be employed by wise leaders of today world!
Do we really know how on earth did we get here? Like, how on earth had we become the top dog of the food chain, and yet we are so mediocre in strength, speed, and whatnot? How on earth had we become so smart, dangerous, and mediocre at the same time? We had become so smart and dangerous to the point we could destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons because we created these nuclear weapons ourselves. Although this is a dance song, it’s rather meaningful and thoughtful. Great beats too! Check out this song on SoundCloud before downloading on Epoginis.
Could it be that God truly exist? If God isn’t really existed then luck must be it that earth could actually harbor life! Our planet earth got really lucky in a way that it is not too close to the star (i.e., the sun) and it is not too far from the star either. Other dead solid planets are not so lucky as they located too far from their star or too close to their star, thus their surface would either boil or freeze to the extreme temperatures. Such extreme conditions would prevent life as we know it to exist. Of course, there would always be the exception, but such an exception would be nothing like us humans! Such aliens would not have any semblance to the traits that us humans are familiar with such as how life has existed here on earth.
I guess it’s safe to say that earth is either a miracle from God or it is truly lucky. As our advanced telescopes peer into the endless darkness in space, we have discovered so many solar systems and galaxies. Although we’ve found so many planets and stars and solar systems and galaxies, it seems the more we found the more we instill a belief in ourselves that we’re alone.
Through current scientific methods, we could only guess that there are some planets out there that could harbor life. Perhaps we think such planets are locating in the comfort zone of their solar systems, thus providing the chance that these planets could harbor water. Here on earth, life exists because of water. We’re thinking that water on other planets too may allow life to go through an evolutionary process — developing alien life in the process. Nonetheless, we could only guess and not so sure about our guess until we could deploy some sort of drones, robotics, and satellites to such planets. Even better, we could deploy humans to such planets!
Unfortunately, the solar systems and planets we think that could harbor life are way too far for earth’s current technology to reach. For an example, we could try to launch a rocket fuel vehicle toward Alpha Centauri system. According to Earthsky’s “How Long to Travel to Alpha Centauri?” article, it would take 78,000 years for our current rocket fuel vehicle to reach this space system. According to Wikipedia, Alpha Centauri System is the nearest star system to our solar system which is about 4.37 light years away from our solar system. So, it seems our current space technology is way too slow for space traveling because even the closest solar system would take 78,000 years for a human space vehicle to reach it.
At the moment we could not be sure if life is actually existing anywhere in space. We know for sure though life is existing here in our solar system because the earth is teeming with life. If we want to confirm that life is actually existing elsewhere we have to develop space vehicles that could travel much faster. Preferably, we want to develop space vehicles that could travel near the speed of light. Only then that we could travel to Alpha Centauri space system in 4.37 years or so.
What’s the point of my rant so far? Well, imagine an alien race that could be so advanced that their technology allows them to modify any space’s solar system to the way they like it. Imagine the ramification of such technology! Just imagine each planet and star like a pool ball on a pool table! Imagine a pool table’s holes are the black holes, and if each ball got too close it would fall into a pool’s hole. In reality, if a planet gets sucked into a black hole, it would be destroyed into pieces, I think. Will the black hole spit out these shredded planets and stars later? I don’t know! Nonetheless, the idea is to imagine that space is dangerous and comfortability is very, very rare! So if each pool ball travels too close, each pool ball would collide with one another. In reality, a planet collides with another planet would be on the scale of the doomsday disaster. If a planet collides with a star, it would be the destruction of the planet itself. So, this alien technology that could modify the layout of the solar system would create the condition to harbor water and provide life as we know it.
Now, if we could develop such technology here on earth, we could go out into space and rearrange any solar system to our liking, making other planets to support life so we could have more earthlike planets out there in space. This is one way I think we could colonize space and allow human species to exist much longer than the earth itself. For an example, our earth could be dying someday, and so without such technology, we won’t be able to escape the dying earth — in such a process human species would die along with earth. Instead of dying along with earth, humans should try to come up with technology that pushes planets and stars around to rearrange the solar system to how we like it. It would be so easy to shoot the pool balls around on the pool table, but I guess it would take Godlike effort to do so with pool balls that are as large and as heavy as the planets and stars in space. Furthermore, if the effort takes too long, the solar system itself could be destroyed!