Got a 4K display? If not, you can watch 4K time-lapse video of North America in a less than 4K glorious resolution. I’m sure it will be just as stunning as in 4K display. This video brought to you by 3motion user on Vimeo, and I have no affiliation to this person or Vimeo whatsoever. Nonetheless, it’s a cool video to share, and so check it out right after the break. Enjoy!!!
I’ve found an interesting YouTube channel of John Spencer. I like how he is attempting to travel around the world full time. His most recent episodes took place in China, but he had episodes on Japan and other places. I think John is very brave, because he could start any conversation with the local people in places that he’d traveled to. Anyhow, since I’m enjoying John Spencer’s 10 million miles journey videos a lot, and so I’m sharing some of his videos in this blog post for whoever may interest in John Spencer’s 10 million miles journey.
Is this how the architects of the future will be? Historically, China got grand historic landmarks such as the Great Wall, but since modernization China is once again ambitiously building monstrous architectural things. Just recently, since July 1st of 2013, China opened up its New Century Global Center. Currently, this newly building boasts to be the biggest in the world. According to Associated Press, this building has around 19 million square feet of floor space, making it equates to about 329 football fields. It got artificial beach, artificial sun, 2 five star hotels, office spaces, 14 IMAX theaters, restaurants, shopping center, largest LED screen in the world which gives backdrop atmosphere to 1,300 foot long wave pool, and much more. Basically, it is a well thought out landmark as it is being placed in a well thought out network of roads and highways and public transportation systems. I’m impressed by the sheer scale and ambition of this building. It reminds me the same ambition of the ancient Egyptians when they had built their pyramids. The video right after the break describes this building in details. I think the video was made before the building was completed, therefore many clips within the video were animated. Nonetheless, enjoy it!!!
- http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/world_largest_building_open_resort_75FYkUzwfWjZlOnzP87YpK (link)
- http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-largest-building-opens-west-083738502.html (link)
- The largest building in the world opens (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- The World’s Largest Building, of Course, Is Now in China (theatlantic.com)
- World’s Largest Building: Chengdu’s New Century Global Center (thediplomat.com)
- Mixed reaction to the ‘world’s largest building’ after it opens in China (abc.net.au)
- World’s largest building opens in China (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- China Opens “World’s Largest Building” (wafflesatnoon.com)
- The Largest Building Ever Constructed Has Opened in China (gizmodo.com)
- World’s largest building opens in China (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Architectural Masterpiece: “World’s Largest Building” opens in China (gistmehere.wordpress.com)
- World’s Largest Building Opens in China (thejakartaglobe.com)