PCWorld’s Facebook Timeline Privacy Tips: Lockdown Your Profile article points out the concerns for how easy it’s for Facebook users to be able to devour past Facebook comments, events, daily wall posts and more of any Facebook user through Facebook newest feature known as Timeline. Indeed, it’s quite unnerving for how easy it’s for someone to look up your Facebook history by using Facebook Timeline feature, but then again a wise person should not have posted something so private on a very public medium such as Facebook!
In fact, Facebook Timeline feature might have a backlash effect against Facebook. Facebook users might become ever more conscious about what they will do and post on Facebook, therefore the level of Facebook activities might be shrunk in time. Then again, it’s only a speculation of mine, because I don’t have a crystal ball of how the future will look like!
For having said a wise person should not post something so private on a very public medium such as Facebook, I fear even myself sometimes might forget to practice what I had preached. Nonetheless, it’s good to know Facebook does in fact allowing you to tightening up the privacy to certain extend so Timeline feature won’t expose the things that you’ve posted and wanted to be hidden away from the prying eyes of the public. I guess one can always follow the tips in the article above and lessen the effect of Timeline, but to be wise one should always post something one care not for the world to see on Facebook and keep the rest to oneself.
- Facebook too force users onto timeline (theinformativereport.com)
- Facebook Users Not Happy Over Timeline, New Profile Design (inquisitr.com)
- Just one in ten Facebook users supports ‘timeline’ feature (telegraph.co.uk)
- Just one in ten Facebook users supports ‘timeline’ feature – TODAYonline (todayonline.com)
- Timeline Looms, But Few Users Like it, Survey Finds – PCWorld (pcworld.com)
- Over 50% Of Facebook Users Worry About Timeline (allfacebook.com)
- No Thanks, Facebook: Poll Suggests Users Don’t Want Timeline (techland.time.com)
- Facebook Timeline Looms: What You Need to Know (pcworld.com)
- Attention job seekers: Fix your Facebook timeline now (mnn.com)
- Facebook’s controversial ‘timeline’ feature is supported by just one in ten users (dailymail.co.uk)
- Facebook Timeline Becoming Mandatory For All Users (darkerme.com)
- Everyone is being forced to get Facebook Timeline pretty soon, so shut up. (toiletfodder.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Timeline a concern to users, Sophos poll reveals (it-sideways.com)