To say the least, I’m not sure that all the specs that are being revealed for PlayStation 4 will be set in stone since PS4 will be released when again? Yep, Sony isn’t giving out the exact date for the release of PS4, but it seems that Sony hints that PS4 will be ready for the holiday season of 2013. Which holiday again? Anyhow, even though we may not know the real specs when PS4 indeed rolls out, but we know that it’s powerful enough to render a head of an old man which is so fantastical real. Don’t take my word for it, watch the video right after the break and you will know what I mean.
According to RedmondPie.com’s “PlayStation 4: Specs, Features, Games, Graphics, Release Date – Everything You Need To Know In One Place” article, PS4 specs might look like this:
- 8 cores CPU (64 bit)
- GPU with 1.84 TFLOPS AMD next-generation Radeon based graphic card
- 8 GB GDDR5 RAM
- Built-in hard disk
- Blu-ray support
- USB 3.0
- Gigabit Ethernet support
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n wireless support
- Bluetooth 2.1 support
- HDMI support
Unfortunately, RedmonPie did not mention anything in regarding to PS4 supports 802.11ac wireless. We know that 802.11ac wireless is the fastest wireless for now. If PS4 isn’t going to support the fastest wireless standard, then it would be a big let down in my opinion. Other than this, I think PS4 is definitely a beast.
RedmonPie also reported that PS4 won’t support PS3 game titles, this means there is a breakaway from game backward compatibility for PS4. It’s rather unfortunate, because PS3 does have great games too.
As of now, nobody knows how much PS4 will cost, but I hope it will cost around $300 and not a lot more than this price target. Still though, I’m not going to be surprise if Sony will sell PS4 at even more expensive price at first, because PS4 is a beast. Anyhow, how much do you think PS4 should cost? $300? $400? On the release date, at what price PS4 would be a temptation that you cannot do without?
- http://www.redmondpie.com/playstation-4-ps4-specs-features-games-graphics-release-date-everything-you-need-to-know-in-one-place/ (link)
- Sony Just Had a Two Hour PS4 Event With No PS4 (gizmodo.com)
- Everything We Know About The PS4, Out This Holiday Season, And The Games Announced Tonight (kotaku.com)
- PS4 confirmed for holiday 2013 release (polygon.com)
- Sony PS4 unveiled with social, remote features (myfox8.com)
- Sony, Blizzard ink partnership: Diablo 3 headed to PS3, PS4 (reviews.cnet.com)
- New PS4 A PC: RPS DECLARES VICTORY (rockpapershotgun.com)
- The PS4’s Specs, in Brief (kotaku.com)
- Sony explains why the PS4 was a no-show at its own debut (polygon.com)