Microsoft is developing a new operating system which strives to make your home environment smarter. As now, Microsoft named this new operating system as HomeOS. The video which I will post within this blog post will demonstrate some of the applications that HomeOS is capable of. Within this very video, the speaker brings up the point that we have all the ingredients of making a home environment smarter today, but the idea of making smart home environment has not yet caught fire since there isn’t a solution that can save the homeowners time and money in deploying smart home environment. For instance, if you want to have a smart home environment today, you must have deep knowledge of how to piece together various technologies and this costs time and money since doing research on these new technologies can cost time and new technologies often come with expensive price tags — getting down and dirty to install these technologies can also cost time. Microsoft strives to bring smart home environment to homeowners the easy way through HomeOS. Nonetheless, we cannot yet know if HomeOS will be a common product of the future which in itself will drive the growth of spidery web of smart home products. For all we know, Microsoft might just let HomeOS stays as a concept. Anyhow, please check out the video right after the break to see what might be the home of the future through the use of HomeOS technology from Microsoft.
Afterthought: Let just hope smart home technology will emphasize on energy efficiency and environmental friendliness.
- Microsoft Releases HomeOS, Hopes It Powers The Smarthome Of Your Dreams (fastcompany.com)
- Microsoft forges ahead with new home-automation OS (news.cnet.com)
- Microsoft testing home-automation with HomeOS (slashgear.com)
- Microsoft continues push for home-automation OS (electronista.com)
- From Smartphone to Smart Home: Automating the Modern Home (blogs.msdn.com)
- Honda “smart home” showcases off-the-grid energy solutions (gizmag.com)
- Microsoft forges ahead with its campaign to automate your home (thenextweb.com)
- HomeOS to automate your house (thegadgetsite.com)
- Microsoft’s ‘HomeOS’ automation platform detailed in research paper (theverge.com)
- Smart Home Systems and Services will Exceed $3 Billion (geobrava.wordpress.com)