People can now download Windows 8 Consumer Preview and install this onto VirtualBox virtual machines to test and experience what Windows 8 has to offer. Rumors have that Windows 8 might be due for an official release in upcoming holiday, but which holiday? The truth is, we can expect Windows 8 to be released this year, and so you don’t have to cross your fingers for this!
Anyhow, the consumer preview version of Windows 8 might be the closest thing to the official release versions of Windows 8 so far, therefore it might be a good idea for everyday folks to just use VirtualBox to test it out beforehand so they can make a wise decision in regarding to upgrade to Windows 8 from their Windows 7. The download link is at windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso.
After downloading the ISO, you also need to copy down the product key, because you will need it to install Windows 8 consumer preview version onto a VirtualBox virtual machine. Meanwhile, if you don’t have VirtualBox yet, you need to grab this also. Go to Google, type in VirtualBox and you will see how to download it! Enjoy!
- Download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Now [Windows 8] (lifehacker.com)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Should you install it? [Updated] (chron.com)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview: What Do You Think [OPEN THREAD] (mashable.com)
- The Windows 8 Consumer Preview is out: here’s how to get it (arstechnica.com)
- How to get the Windows 8 Consumer Preview (geek.com)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview Download: Microsoft Shows Off New OS; How To Try It Now (darkerme.com)
- Installing the Windows 8 Consumer Preview (arstechnica.com)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Windows 8 Beta) – free download (1freeware.blogspot.com)
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview now available for download (bgr.com)
- Microsoft Unleashes Its Windows 8 Consumer Preview For Your Downloading Pleasure (gizmodo.co.uk)