There are people who think the pyramids in Egypt were tombs of the pharaohs. Then, there are others who refute that would be the case. These people think the pyramids were some types of instruments for whatever purposes they believe the Egyptians had the uses for. Nonetheless, we cannot deny the fact that monuments similar to Egyptian pyramids had withstood the test of time, so far. The proofs are that many ancient monuments, partly destroyed or whole, still stand today. With this in mind, an insane idea creeps into my tiny brain.
You see, the idea is that we should build super durable structures, to house people during the catastrophic events such as the hurricane Katrina, and these structures should withstand the test of time just like the pyramids and similar ancient monuments. It’s like shooting two birds with one arrow. The first bird is that this sort of structures can help protect people in cataclysmic events. The second bird is that this sort of structures will be our monuments for the future (i.e., just like how pyramids are the monuments of the past). Crazy?
- Google Earth Discovers Pair of Lost Egyptian Pyramids (hothardware.com)
- Lost Egyptian Pyramids Appear On Google Earth (gizmodo.com.au)
- Have archaeologists discovered lost Egyptian pyramids using Google Earth? [Archaeology] (io9.com)
- Ancient Mysteries – Re: World’s Oldest Pyramid Found in Crimea? (disclose.tv)
- Lost Egyptian Pyramids Appear on Google Earth (gizmodo.com)
- Google Earth might have found new Egyptian pyramids (neowin.net)
- Lost Egyptian pyramids discovered with Google Earth (rt.com)
- Scientist discovers possible pyramid sites in Egypt after 10 years studying … – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- Two new Egyptian pyramid complexes discovered with Google Earth (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx (livescience.com)