According to PCWorld‘s article “Siri Can Unlock Your Car, Can’t Drive It Just Yet,” a developer named Brandon Fiquett was able to hack iPhone 4S’ Siri so his car could be automatically started, stopped, opened trunk, locked, armed, unlocked, and disarmed. Not all cars could use Brandon Fiquett’s Siri hack unless their cars had installed Viper SmartStart.
Viper SmartStart is not a product that could be installed easily, because you have to know your car electrical wiring pretty well. Viper SmartStart has their own app for various smartphones, but you can’t use voice to command Viper SmartStart to command your car. Brandon Fiquett is smart enough to let Siri takes over the function of Viper SmartStart’s app.
Check out the video right after the break to see Siri in action in regarding to how a car owner can tell Siri to tell the car to do things.
- Siri Can Unlock Your Car, Can’t Drive It Just Yet (pcworld.com)
- Viper SmartStart offered with $100 mail-in rebate (intomobile.com)
- Using Siri and Proxy to start your car (9to5mac.com)
- Wow, now Siri can even start your car’s engine for you [Video] (thenextweb.com)
- Stand Back Viper Viper SmartStart releases Android App (kapaoo.com)
- 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR grabs Nurburgring production car lap record (slashgear.com)
- Siri plus a hacked iPhone 4S can start and unlock your car: More KITT than HAL (recombu.com)
- My BMW remote control app coming to Android (goandroid.co.in)
- Siri Hacked to Control Your Thermostat or Almost Anything Else [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Hack Brings Siri Voice Control to Older iPhone 4, Sort Of (pcworld.com)
- Siri on iPad hack finds itself silent (slashgear.com)
- Siri Hacked To Control Almost Anything (gizmodo.com.au)